Islam in New Haven
624 George Street, New Haven, CT 06511
(about 9 blocks from Old Campus)
Tel: (203) 777-8004
Islamic Center of Hamden
60 Connolly Pkwy, Suite 17-212
Hamden, CT 06514
Tel: (203) 562-2757
West Haven Masjid
2 Prudden Street, West Haven, CT 06516
(across the street from Univ. of New Haven)
Tel: (203) 937-5799
Halal Meat, Groceries, & Restaurants
There are several Halal/ Zabiha restaurants in and around New Haven, but please make sure to ask about individual items as some of these restaurants serve some non-Zabiha items. These restaurants include:
- A&M Halal Market - (203) 937-8774- 211 Saw Mill Road, West Haven, CT 06516. Halal Meat and Groceries.
- Aldean’s Halal Market - (203) 934-7091- 702 Boston Post Road, West Haven, CT 06516. Halal Meat and Groceries.
- Aladdin Crown Pizza - (203) 773-3772- 260 Crown St (in between College and High). Mediterranean and American food, including shawarma, tabouli, etc.
- Chap’s Grille - (203) 562-2966- 1174 Chapel St (corner of Chapel and Park). Mediterranean and American food, including shawarma, hamburgers, etc.
- Sahara - (203) 773-3306- 170 Temple St (across from Omni Hotel). Mediterranean and American food, including shawarma, tabouli, etc.
- Saray - (203) 937-0707- 770 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516
- Tandoor - (203) 776-6620- 1226 Chapel St, New Haven, CT 06511
- Turkish Kebab House - (203) 933-0002- 1157 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516
Halal food carts (Ali Baba and Bengali Burritos) are also located near the School of Medicine (Cedar St. and York St.) and the School of Management (Sachem St. and Prospect St.) during lunch times on weekdays.